My first thought when planning this post was to create a masterpiece of beauty and wit (as usual), airily and effortlessly touching on the highlights of 2011, and generally presenting a year-end roundup which would educate and delight my
Writing about the year is
Hmmm, well it seems we have a slight problem. I seem to have forgotten to organize and label
Why bore everyone with well-written and amusing essays when the real question is what happened in 2011? With this important focus in mind, here is the year 2011 chez Nifty in review - in bullet points:
- January: Rang in the New Year with all hands on deck and possibly a record-breaking party turnout. Wedding preps shifted into mid-gear. Reception venue fell through with spectacular suddenness, but Yours Truly saved the day, as usual. Kiki began her Masters in Journalism.
- February: Scott and twins went to Powderhorn in Michigan to ski and decided it might be a nice annual trip. Yours Truly stayed home to
- March: Wedding preps shifted into high gear. One near-disaster after another,
- April: Enjoyed an Easter visit with Dennis's parents. Wedding preps train sped toward grand finale in June.
- May: Jessie and Jack returned from university. Jack considered transferring out of Chicago. Your Faithful Scribbler kept the wedding train
- June: Numerous friends and family members converged on our home for the Wedding of the Century.
- June: Retired to Hilton Head for much-deserved (by Your Humble Servant, certainly!) vacation. Joined by our dear friends the Roths. I never complain, but it was deucedly hot in South Carolina last June!
- July: Spent first two weeks in Hilton Head, then returned to Illinois where, as far as I can tell, we did absolutely nothing for about 4 weeks.
- August: Hilton Head for one brief week again, then back to school for everyone. Jack transferred to Miami. Jessie began her senior year at Miami. Edward and Ken back to school as sophomores.
- September: Jeanne and I went to Hilton Head for our annual R&R sans annoying families.
- October: Scott took boys to BVI for a sailing weekend while I went back to HH to host the Ya Yas shopping extravaganza. Very quiet Hallowe'en this year - major downside of children growing up. :(
- November: Scott and I went back to HH yet again for our 27th anniversary. Jeanne came to stay with the boys. Thanksgiving with a wonderfully full house. Jessie brought her new puppy, Ducky.
|This photo has not been posted to raise viewcount.|
- December: Went to Chicago for the annual pre-Christmas shopping/dining event. Then home for a full house at Christmas and yet more visitors (Em, Gail and Deb) for New Years. New Years Eve party with neighbors and friends not a record-breaker but decent 50-60 guest turnout.
And there you have the year in review!
And there is my blog post!